Here are 5 easy ways to cut sugar immediately from your family’s diet – the positive effects of applying these ideas will be felt immediately, and the long-term payoff will be worth it!
1. Stop drinking sodas, alcohol, commercial coffees, and other sugar-rich drinks. Well, that was obvious, but painful to hear – and for many, is often difficult to comprehend. For those who have indulged in these addictive drinks over a long period of time, the thought of discontinuing them is discouraging. Take heart, however, as the benefit of ridding your body of these harmful fluids will be felt immediately. Your energy level will increase tremendously with just this one step.
2. Cut back on sweets, breads, and processed foods. This one can be just as hard, but the payoff is instant. Once the processed flours and sugars are diminished, the body can begin to digest properly, which allows for regeneration. Energy returns, mood elevates, and fat begins to burn away. How much you cut back on should be directly related to how quickly you want to feel well, and if so, how much weight you want to lose. More eliminated = more health, more weight loss. It really is that simple.
3. Start adding healthy options immediately. It is important to begin adding in to your diet healthy, robust foods as soon as you start cutting anything out. If not, the body enters starvation mode and panics, holding onto fat deposits for this emergency. For example, if you previously ate pastries, sweetened cereal, or other sugary breakfasts, replace them immediately with unsweetened oatmeal, whole grain toast, or eggs. The body will adjust more evenly, and you will be less likely to crash and burn!
4. Start reading nutrition labels thoroughly. Begin a new education for yourself and your family. Start reading labels, articles, and books on sugar and ways to cut it out. Look for new recipe ideas that are low in processed carbohydrates and sugar. Discover new ways to add in more fiber, which enhances digestion and breaks down sugar easier. Just by absorbing the concept that sugar is harmful, and looking for little ways to edge it out of your family’s consumption, you will make tremendous progress in improving your family’s health.
5. Drink more water. I know, I know, you’ve heard this one before! Drinking 8 servings of 8 ounces minimum per day reduces waste deposits in the body, keeps your stomach feeling full, and helps with healthy digestion. How does this help eliminate sugar? By paving the way for a cleaner system and easing the constant “crave” you may feel for a while after cutting the bad stuff. Eight ounces is only one measuring cup of water – simple to “eyeball” and drink!
Latest posts by Coach Bess (see all)
- A Check-Up from the Neck Up (Take a Self-Assessment of Your Thoughts) - March 10, 2014
- Southwestern Style Lettuce Wraps - March 5, 2014
- Renewing our Minds to Renew our Lifestyle - March 3, 2014